Are you starting a new business and need a business attorney in San Luis Obispo? We advise business owners and ventures in all aspects of start-up and operations.
Toews Bio & Abram, Inc. can help you take the steps to obtain financing, protect your business, choose the insurance that is right for your business, and more. These questions are extremely important. Getting the correct answers from a San Luis Obispo business lawyer can have a direct impact on the success and viability of your business. The stream of questions that might challenge you as a business owner can seem endless. However, there is no need to go at it alone.
Business Matters We Handle
Life is full of surprises, and so is operating a business. Despite establishing the best foundation to set up and grow your business, something unexpected is most likely going to happen. The skilled attorneys of Toews Bio & Abram, Inc. provide expert assistance for business law in San Luis Obispo.
That “something” that happens is not necessarily negative. What if you have a business opportunity that you cannot pass up? How can you move forward in any number of situations and opportunities and still protect your business? Toews Bio & Abram, Inc. is a team of experts in business law in San Luis Obispo and the Central Coast. We offer a complete range of business services.
The business law services that Toews Bio & Abram, Inc. provides include:
- Preparing and negotiating contracts, and other legal documents, such as manufacturing and vendor contracts, independent contractor agreements, sales agreements, partnership agreements, legal correspondence and any other documents and forms you need to conduct and protect your business. State and local governments sometimes require that certain licenses and notifications be on display in your business. We can help you identify the required licenses and notices and make sure you know where to get them.
- Articles of Incorporation are part of establishing a legal business entity, such as a corporation, LLC or a non-profit, but how do you modify the Articles of Incorporation? When is it necessary to modify them? Toews Bio & Abram, Inc. can review the Articles of Incorporation and advise you about the needed modifications, if any.
- Partnership agreements sometimes need to be revisited. What if there is the opportunity to bring in a new partner? What if your current partnership agreement is no longer serving the best interest of the partnership? What if someone wants out? Toews Bio & Abram, Inc. can help you create a partnership agreement, or change or dissolve an existing partnership.
- What happens when one or more owners wants to sell? How should the business be sold and what legal form of transaction will best serve their business and tax objectives? Would a merger or stock sale be satisfactory or would an asset sale be better? If the transaction is other than all cash, how do we secure our client’s right to be paid?
Business Questions We Can Assist With
As business attorneys in San Luis Obispo, we can meet a range of business legal and consultation needs. We serve as business consultants on debt restructuring, sales, purchases, and reorganizations of troubled businesses, and other workout situations.
Here are some of the questions we can help you answer:
- Should you use a business entity (partnership, corporation, LLC) or simply operate as a proprietor?
- If you will incorporate, should you elect sub-chapter S status?
- What written agreements do you need to have with your co-owners?
- Should you take steps to protect the name of your business?
- What documentation should you have for your employees?
- What steps should you take to limit liability arising from the business?
- How should you document relationships with customers? Vendors? Creditors?
- What insurance do you need, and what can you do without?
- How can you finance your business?
- Is your business in trouble, or does a troubled business owe you money?
Owning and operating a business is no easy task, and there are many responsibilities included in being a business owner. Dealing with the many aspects of business law can be daunting to take on alone. We can take the guesswork out of this process and provide you with the assurance that you are making the correct (and legal) decisions going forward. Our business attorneys in San Luis Obispo are confident about our experience and the services we provide.
Other Business Services
We also provide consulting and legal services on debt restructuring, sales/purchases/reorganizations of troubled businesses, and other workout situations, including representation in court proceedings where appropriate.
Reach Out to a San Luis Obispo Business Attorney Today
We have extensive experience with business management issues and offer business clients counseling on management as well as legal problems. Attorney Chris Toews has recently written an article to be published by the State Bar’s Solo and Small Firm section on the role of specialization in law practices as well as a longer treatise on law practice management – most of which is applicable to other service businesses [see The Client Driven Law Practice below].
We also recognize that many of the business problems presented to us involve disciplines other than law and maintain a long list of referral sources, including financial consultants, accountants, labor specialists, real estate professionals, insurance advisors, and others to assist our business clients. Our goal is to provide the best solutions for our business clients and to marshal whatever resources are needed to meet their objectives. Call our office today to discuss your options with a San Luis Obispo business lawyer.
The Client Driven Law Practice